- Introduction to basic concepts and theories: communication, culture and art; Design and brand communication5
- Introduction to methods: humanities and cultural studies, creativity as an attitude and technology5
- Introduction to application, practical and professional fields: conception, live communication5
- Aesthetics of the presentation I: strategy, dramaturgy, rhetoric5
- Art, cultural and design studies perspectives I & II10
In the first semester you will develop theoretical basics in the areas of media, communication, art, culture, design and brand communication and deal with scientific analysis methods, creativity techniques and fields of application. In interdisciplinary workshops you will learn to develop and present convincing live concepts and learn different presentation techniques.
- Deepening basic concepts and theories: communication and action5
- Deepening interdisciplinary theories: museum and exhibition5
- Consolidation of application, practical and professional fields: experience markets, customer journey, user experience5
- Presentation Aesthetics II: Tools, Design, Audiovisual and Digital Media5
- Project courses I: Laboratory I & II10
In the second semester you will develop strategies and concepts and implement them scenographically, technically and medially together with practical partners. At the same time you will deepen your knowledge in theory, methodology and application and deal with the topics of communication, human-centered design, brand experience and exhibition design. In this semester you will also develop creative skills for presentations in workshops with design experts.
- Differentiation between basic terms & theories: digital communication and digital culture, creative writing in the digital present5
- Differentiation between interdisciplinary theories: media aesthetics, brand experience5
- Differentiation of application, practical and professional fields: Expert discussions (entrepreneur and leadership, start-up)5
- Aesthetics of the staging I: participation / interaction, dramaturgy in space, interfaces5
- Project courses II: Laboratory III & IV10
In projects with external business partners, you will develop essential skills in cross-media communication management. You will also deal with topics such as creative writing in the digital present, media aesthetics and entrepreneurship. Methods of interaction, dramaturgy and staging are dealt with in interdisciplinary workshops.
- Aesthetics of the staging II: light, sound, moving images5
- Master thesis including colloquium25th
The fourth semester is all about your master's thesis. Your writing process will be accompanied by a colloquium. Interdisciplinary workshops on technology and staging methods are also part of the curriculum this semester.
- Letter of motivation: Why do you want to study at the Berlin School of Popular Arts and what do you expect from your studies? Where do you see yourself professionally in the future?
- Copy of your university or (technical) college degree certificate
- Transcript of Records
- Topic and abstract of the bachelor thesis
- curriculum vitae
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- DSH exam (level 2)
- TestDaF (TDN 4 in all sub-exams. If a grade 3 is achieved in one sub-exam, this can be offset if the grade 5 is given in another sub-exam and a total of at least 20 points have been achieved)
- the Goethe certificate C1 and C2 or Telc C1 and C2 (minimum grade 2)
- the language diploma (level II) of the Standing Conference (KMK), also called DSD II
- the assessment test of a preparatory college, part of the German examination
- telc C1 University.
- Advertising, Marketing and PR
- Concerts and festivals
- Galleries and theaters
- Music labels and booking
- Event gastronomy
- Exhibition and retail
- free art
- Radio and television
- Digital economy
- Science and Research.